Soooo it's been five years of marriage to this Converse clad chap of mine.. and I still manage to botch up when the date is!
Truth be told last month I asked him what he wanted to do for our special weekend.. and he stared at me blankly.. "our anniversary.. helllooooo?" I said.
"Mel, it's next month babe".
I hate numbers.... and am equally awful with dates.
But what I don't hate, is this guy.
In fact.. I still love him deeper, more real'er with each passing year God gives us here.
It's funny to even look back at our wedding pictures and think what naive little munchkins we were.. just stepping into the shallow end of what this deep ocean of life and love is all about.
I'm eager to keep swimming alongside this guy.
Diving deeper each day in to what God has in store for us.
I feel so blessed to be front row center in watching him grow and develop in grace.
I admire his dedication and commitment to our family... and how desperately he has sought to provide for us in a tough climate.
I shall affectionately refer to him as 'Dusty' now.. since each morning he comes home covered in flour from the bakery - and as of this week - now comes home at dinner hour covered in sawdust from working for a cabinetry company.
Seriously, he's the man.
Now, a word on marriage. It seems that such a sacred union of souls is really under attack in our day. I've seen friends separate, divorce... and suffer heart break.
Nothing saddens me more than seeing married couples not living out the love they once held and vowed to keep.
I don't know where you're at right now... but I truly hope you still love and delight in your partner.
I hope you fight for that.
Make time for them.
Give them the best of you each day (not the dragged down/wrung out/end of the day lump we can feel left with).
Go on a hike.
And now because I just want to rant:
* Please, lets not complain about our husbands....
* Please don't post pictures of actors you think are "hot" for all your facebook friends to see (including your husband.. ) Guess what - your IDEAL guy is now your HUSBAND.. keep your eyes/heart falling for him each day.
* Please don't repeatedly talk about your ex's with your husband... especially not in front of your kids?!..
* Please show your kids you respect, admire and love your man... don't belittle and berate him.
* Have 'contempt for contempt'.. (i.e. don't let resents fester, clear the air quick!).
Yeah.. don't get me started, hehe!
Ben, my love, you have it all.
You have my heart.
Happy high five to you!
*If you're a newer reader.. and you missed last years post about this occasion, you can catch more detail pictures from the wedding there.