5.01.2014

silly salad.

You should be glad I don't own a cell phone.. because I would be all Instagram'n this stuff up in your face.

#homemadesaladcraziness.
#nobodyeatsthisbutme.

Yeah.  So after spending what felt like an eternity at the chopping board:
lettuce
avocados
cucumbers
hard boiled eggs
bacon
cheese
yellow pepper
...
I felt like I had created a masterpiece.
Which is rare, in the kitchen.
Because, usually 'salad' around here means throw a handful of croutons on lettuce and ceasar dressing.  Granted, the kids are big fans of taco salad... which I tried to pawn this meal off as:
"yeah, it's like your taco salad.. with eggs instead of nachos."

Three bites in and they weren't impressed.

So, as is often the case, I embrace my role as human goat and dig in.

Mel ;o)
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to give this a try for dinner tonight I think! Except no cheese & chicken instead of bacon! Thanks for the meal idea Mel. I think your silly salad sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh have fun - you can really just keeping adding the goodness to it - craisins, almonds... all sorts of bits o' yum, enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!