4.02.2013

A tweet sewing project:

 Hello lovelies,
Here's my latest sewing project that I whipped up as a gift for my visiting (expecting) friend!
A custom bird mobile to match their nursery colour scheme.
When I heard they were using soft creams, neutrals and pale pinks... I was eager to pull together these 'antique' toned fabrics I had.

Instead of hunting down a tree branch (as I usually do)... I opted to use a brown hoop with brown wool looped around it, and some decorative 'vines/speckled bird's eggs'.  While the angle of my pictures doesn't convey it very well, the birds are all layered in a descending spiral.

I hope their sweet lil' yet-to-be-born daughter delights in them as much as I do!
(Side-note: our guy Hudson still is obsessed with the bird mobile we have over his crib... I think it's going to be his next word: "bir-dee"!)

So there's a sneak peek at some of the recent creations from this Nest.

Creatively yours,
Mel ;o)
--------------- 
P.S: the pattern for these fabric birds is not copyrighted to me... I've had lots of well meaning friends share their 'concern' at discovering others sewing these birds... we're all just using the free template found here!

9 comments:

  1. that is SO beautiful!! good job crafty mama. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks 'Tash! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks you... they're always a sweet project to do - I dream of making a gazillion with allll my fabric stash some day. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blytheponytailparades2 April 2013 at 18:09

    This is so incredibly adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, thanks Violet - sweet of you to say! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bird mobile is gorgeous! These would 'FLY' at craft sales!!! Thank you, dear Mel-oh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha.. 'fly'.. very good Annie! Thanks! Yes, they are a sweet feature to young - and old - rooms.. I sell them downtown at GLOW too... ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! The baby's gonna love it!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!