This week's do.it.yourself project is sure to bring out your wild side.
I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker for any outfit that makes my kids look like a lil' critter.
(Except that time I walked into a coffee shop with my daughter strapped to me in a teddy bear snowsuit... and I overhead someone say: "Oh, it's a BABY... I thought she was carrying a teddy!"??). True story.
Anyway, I digress... let's get crafting:
One hooded sweater
Felt in your desired colours
Two 'eye' buttons
1. Measure around the rim of your hood, and cut that length out in white felt 'teeth'.
Sew the teeth inside the rim of the hood (pointing outward) with a straight stitch.
2. If you want a 'dinosaur' as seen here.. you can cut green felt 'spikes' to go down the back of the hood.
3. I also cut two colours of round felt to go behind the button eyes.
4. Use a seam ripper to open the seam at the back of your hood.
Flip the hood inside out and tuck the spikes inside with their bottom edge lined up with hood seams. Re-sew the hood back together.
5. Stitch your button eyes securely on to the hood.
6. Using fabric paint (or acrylics) you can add fun spots.scales.stripes for detail.
(Remember to put an insert between layers so the paint won't bleed through).
Our happy dapper dino' dude!
Your animal options are endless (bears.sharks.zebras.dragons...etc).
Super cute on the wee ones, but I won't judge if you want an 'adult' sized version.