2.26.2013

colour me: brushed in blue.

Brushing out the winter blues here...
...with more blue hues.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of painting skyscapes, they are the perfect blend of abstract and realism.
_______________________________________________________

I see art as a form of 'truth-telling'.
Or as Keats penned, "Beauty is truth, truth beauty"... 
So whether a painting is abstract or realistic it can be beauty-full if it is truth-full.

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original:
whereas if you simple try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it"  
 C.S.Lewis
("Mere Christianity")

Have a beauty-full day friends,
Mel ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Cristi (icoulddothatdesign)26 February 2013 at 10:45

    That looks like fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! Thanks Cristi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel. This is beautiful, I love that "colourway" as we used to call it in the textile business.
    About tomorrow, I'm in if the weather cooperates...I won't be driving myself to work tomorrow if it's a significant snow fall. I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks bunches!
    Love
    A.D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!