4.19.2011

D.I.Y book shelf idea

source: Pinterest

Ok folks, some things are too good to not share... so here's a sweet Do It Yourself project that I am chomping at the bit to do.. myself!  Thanks to the inspiration gallery of Pinterest I was able to marry two looks I love into one idea... now to go do it. (no, not tonight... it's late, and raining...ick).

So what has me smitten?  Apart from that sweet boy in half a lion costume.. it's the sweet bookshelves that beautifully display so many fun covers!  I guess the above are actually 'spice racks' from IKEA.  That's cool enough...  but having come across this next picture.. I know exactly where I want to grab my shelves - for cheap... and free is cheap!
source: Pinterest
That's right... grab some beat up skids and chop.saw.nail.sand them into a cool up-cycled project for your kids (big kids) room!
Sweet dreams,
Mel :o)

3 comments:

  1. Yellowpersistence24 January 2012 at 18:57

    Ooohhh... Or then I could paint them for a non-rustic look or ohhh so many possibilities.. Just found your blog vis Prudent Baby and I pretty much love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!  You're browsing around back in the 'archives' of d.i.y's here.. thanks for visiting! Glad you like it  :o)  Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!