4.19.2011

melmac attack.


Good morning friends!  Just had to share my delightful 'thrift' find recently... Melmac.... oh, yes.  I have been searching for this type of dishware for a while now... and last week i finally came upon a lovely nest full of sweet plates.bowls.mugs at the good ol' V.V.Boutique. ;o)  I love the retro gold colour and 'wheat sheaf' motif happening here.  Not only that, I scored this gorgeous teal tray - which you may remember me using to showcase my wood pendants at the craft show.
Now I'm no expert when in comes to vintage.retro.thrift shopping.. I just know what I like when i see it.  Two local ladies who do know a thing or... fifty(!).. about vintage glam are found here and here. ;o) 
 

Sweet-cheeks here enjoys these bowls too.. they are perfect for morning porridge and pudgy fingers!  I love that Melmac is made in Canada.  I love that it's vintage.  I love that I can't break.chip.crack. it as easily as my other dishes.  While we're being retro... who doesn't remember ALF loving Melmac too....?  


Have a delightful day!  
Mel :o)

1 comment:

  1. That's such a pretty design too Mel! All of the bowls Georgia uses are melmac too. If that kid gets her hands on a breakable plate - well it's broken in mere moments. It's probably her top talent.

    Thanks for the mention!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!