3.10.2012

the kill(h)er diet...

Hey friends!  Here's the health update on this mama:
Looks like I'm playing some Russian Roulette with 25 bullets 'gravel-sized' gall stones.  With every bite of food there's the danger of it triggering another painful attack.  So I'm on a strict healthy diet to avoid that risk.. when everything else inside me is screaming for chocolate.coffee.calories!

Pretending you're a bunny - and eating accordingly - has caused it's own issues this week.
All those vegetables have made mama & the newborn a gassy.cranky.mess!  My list of allowable foods keeps narrowing right now it seems.

Just know that I now have a huge amount of empathy for any of you out there with food issues.  I totally took for granted the freedom to shove whatever delicious morsel I wanted in my face - with no consequences (except a more voluptuous figure we'll say).
It is hard work being diligent about your meals. 

On the upside (in a painful, annoying way) I'm getting my gall bladder removed tomorrow morning.  My first surgery ever.

I better get a badge.. or a ribbon.. but I'd settle for a burger.
What's that?  I have to be on a liquid diet for the first few days... and then low-fat, healthy food for the next 4 weeks?
Crap.

I think I better go have a hissy fit now.

But seriously, I would deeply appreciate any prayers you can spare.
They say this is a fairly common issue facing post-pregnancy mamas... but I don't know how us mamas are supposed to "not lift" our big babies for 4 weeks?!  
We are blessed with a great support system of family/friends.. but I still find it hard to not worry about the daily tasks with two kids in the mix.

I guess that's it ... I'll keep you posted on the flip-side.
Now go eat a chocolate bar for my sake!

hungry mama,
Mel ;o)

6 comments:

  1. Stephanie Precourt10 March 2012 at 13:47

    Oh no! I hope you are better soon!!!


    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything goes well with the surgery and with your diet...I too now know what it's like not to be able to just eat anything (& everything) I want...except I have to watch what I'm eating for the rest of my life, ack! Haha...anyways...I'll be thinking of you

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness mama mel!!! I'll be thinking of you extra tomorrow and sending super good vibes!!!!! Xoxo
    <3 Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mel
    Sending our thoughts and prayers and lots of love for a quick recovery.  If you need any help do let us know.  We love 'cute as a bunny' babies and adorable toddlers and would love a chance to pick them up for you! 
    love Michele and Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a cadbury cream egg in your honour... my waist will pick up the tab :)  Will be praying for you as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thinking about you! But I'm sure you will come through this with your usual grace and fortitude ( these things shine through the internets!) I'm sure it won't take you long to regain your curves!!!!Try not to worry too much about the things you can't control ( but the occasional tanty is therapeutic!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!