10.17.2011

talkin' about my guy (again)...

 I think it's been a while since I've ranted & raved about my guy. my ben.
We've been trying to find our new 'rhythm' lately as a marriage/family... due to his recent job change.  Now that he's a baker he's gone at 3:30AM all week... and back around lunch hour.
Sure we get the whole afternoon and early evenings together - but it still seems like we're fighting to make time to really 'see' each other.  Granted, he's in a half-zombie state by most afternoons.. and he tucks into bed soon after our daughter's bedtime - yes, the evenings are my solitude.quiet.lonely.relaxing times.
I'm super proud of him for pursuing his passion for baking.. and dreaming.plotting.scheming how one day we too, could own and run a bakery.
I just miss those little moments... like mornings together, making coffee and sitting in our picture window.  I miss going to bed at the same time.. hearing all his inane.hilarious questions as he winds down for the day.
(side.note: trying to sneak in to bed hours later is my nightly challenge.. when every inch of our floors squeak in protest and I'm literally doing a drunken ballet on my tip-toes!)

I love how he seeks to provide for his family.
I love how he husbands...
...and how he fathers.

It warms my heart to see him play the piano with our gal... despite loathing the piano himself (a shame I know) he will play whenever she wants him to.
Its also music to my ears to hear them caught up in a swirl of tickles and laughter on the floor.

Speaking of laughter, he still cracks me up too.
The other night I was feeling marooned on the couch like a whale... looking down at my baby-belly I said the obvious girl line "ugh, I'm so fat".

Instantly Ben replied: "you're not fat, you're just bloated with fertility".
awesome.
For further fun - here's a video of us all...it's 'shocking'. ;o)
video

Daughter Azriel had already encountered the 'magic zap' of Dad's finger from sliding previously..  clearly her mama still finds it impossible to resist his magnetic attraction.

Still in love,
Mel ;o)

5 comments:

  1. That little video is indeed shocking! I totally giggled; you guys are so sweet together!
    p.s. guess who went to Black Honey & bought a painting today? :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeep!  Lovely.. Lisa told me - thanks again!  Turns out I sold out of all my fabric hoops too... so gotta re-stock there... and CHEX wants to interview Lisa and I there.. baha! ;o) Sorry to miss that lunch date today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sweets! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol :) Smart girl, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!