6.12.2011

soul.food.sunday.2

Azriel and Ben over a year ago - [10 months old].
 Good morning friends.  Welcome to Azriel's second serving of 'soul food' for all you hungry hearts that have entered our Needle and Nest 'chapel' today.  Today's topic: sand.


Imagine counting every grain of sand in a pudgy hand full.  Try a bucket.  Now a beach.  Ok, now count every grain in the world!  God's thoughts toward us still outnumber that.  Wow.  This baffles my tiny mind... especially since we are each a grain of sand compared to the universe.

"To see a world in a grain of sand,
and a heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour"
-William Blake- 

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you. 
Psalm 139:13-18

Next time you play in the sand, try counting those grains ... and be amazed at the great God who holds them - and us - in the palm of His hand.

Have a wonder-full day friends!
Mel :o)

1 comment:

  1. how special to know God has our days planned out before we are even conceived...to know that is how much He cares about us and our future!  i love these verses.  great post!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!