6.03.2011

take a hike.

Hello friends!  Did you have a wonderful day out in the sunshine?  I hope so (if you share our weather system that is..). I mentioned in my post earlier about our family date outing yesterday... so I thought I'd share a few pics from the fun.
Here's my big head getting in the way of our daughter's... she wasn't impressed.

 Our lil' gnomie exploring the paths out at the Trent Bird Sanctuary.  Can I just say that our girl is the slowest walker on the earth.  Snails are zipping past us.  Ben's beard is three inches longer with every step Azriel decides to take.  I think she has the makings of quite the 'naturalist'... since every pebble.stick.leaf needs to be examined in wonder. for ten minutes at a time.

 Needless to say, if we wanted to hike - and get back the same day - we needed to strap that baby on and march.  Azi complained about the fast 'pace' and her distant 'view' from all of nature.  So I gave her a pine bough to play with... which she loved cramming in my face.  Thus, I gave her a softer leaf.... and the cramming... and laughing, continued.

 Having worked up an appetite.. we stopped in at Reggie's Hot Grill - a glorified chip truck outside of Trent University.  Yum!  They know how to grill..  and for cheap... perfect!  As usual, Azi got busy in the dirt...collecting stones to make inukshuks on the picnic table.

root beer. sausage on a bun. sweet potato fries with curried mayo.  Mmmmmmm!

What do you and your family like to do?
Where's your favourite 'family date' spots?
A good hike in the woods is always tops on our list.

Hope you all have a beauty weekend,
Mel :o)

2 comments:

  1. look how super pretty you are! love the top photo of you & your family. 
    & sweet potato fries.. I am a sucker for 'em. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. awws, shucks. Thanks you. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!