5.30.2011

D.I.Y upcycle pet food bags... into baby bibs!


 A year ago this was my pudgy princess.. 7 months old and enjoying her first strawberry!  This was also the first 'upcycled cat.food.bag bib' I had made for her...(and that cougar looks hungry for strawberries too, I'd say).

 Flash forward to today.. my gal is now 19 months (gulp!) and sporting the latest bib I've made for her... and you can now watch.learn to make it here as well.  Disclaimer: this cat food company is not sponsoring this 'ad'... nor do i promote such exorbitant spending on cats. ;o)

 First you have to wrestle an empty dog.cat food bag away from your furry friend (these need to be the plastic not paper bags).  Tinderpuff is holding vigil here for what she likely assumes to be her last meal again... And there's my collection of empty food bags - how Scottish am I?!

 Grab a bib you currently use.. 1. trace it over the food bag sheet.  2. cut an extra one out of fleece to line the back and sides of bib (allow and extra inch for seam fold after).  3. cut a small 'pocket' for front of bib (with ribbon to hem top portion of pocket).

 Sew the ribbon or bias tape along the top edge of your bib pocket.  Then sew a straight line joining the pocket to the bib front.  (I like putting the fish just out of reach from the cougar).

 Now stretch the fleece to create a border around the entire bib... zig-zag stitch helps here.  When sewing up around the neck-line I like to cut down the centre to create a little 'collar' and reduce tension on the fabric.

Attach some velcro (or snaps.or magnets).  Allow quality inspection by the boss.

And there you have one more fun.fast way to upcycle crazy clutter around your nest.  If you want to order these specific bibs.. feel free to contact me!  I know I have a soft spot for cougars (since I guess I am one... baha.).  My husband is going to roll his eyes at that one.  
Anyways!
Have a craft-tastic day.
Mel :o)

6 comments:

  1. Such a great idea and your little one is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jordan(yes?).. thanks for stopping in! We're pretty smitten with her too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really good idea, it's a great way to help reduce your carbon footprint and totally adorable at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea , I like the animal design its cool.. thanks for the tutorial..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together
    with your website in internet explorer, may check
    this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a large portion of folks will omit your great writing because of this
    problem.

    My weblog paleo diät

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!